- A model represents a specific situation; is narrower in scope and more precise in its assumptions
- May be used interchangeably with “framework“
- A visual depiction of a conceptual framework
- Kitson AL, Rycroft-Malone J, Harvey G, McCormack B, Seers K, Titchen A. Evaluating the successful implementation of evidence into practice using the PARIHS framework: theoretical and practical challenges. Implementation Science 2008, 3:1 (7 January 2008)
- Sales A, Smith J, Curran G, Kochevar L. Models, strategies, and tools. Theory in implementing evidence-based findings into health care practice. J Gen Intern Med. 2006 Feb;21 Suppl 2:S43-9.